Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Poor Ella...

Our household has really been hit in the last two weeks! Tom finally went to the doctor yesterday after being ill for a week and he has bronchitis and sinus infection. I had the stomach flu last week. Ella started with a runny nose last week and by the weekend had a terrible cough with wheezing. I took her to the pediatrician (twice yesterday, once again in afternoon for breathing issues) where they diagnosed her with croup and double ear infection! Through all this not feeling well, she did not complain once until the breathing issues yesterday afternoon! Fortunately Ella has only been ill twice but unfortunately its been with two of the terrible infant illness, bronciolitis and croup. I had taken so much pride in us not running her around all over the town and her being fairly healthy with 0 ear infections up to this point! I have friends who have sick children all the time and I honestly do not know how they manage as it nearly broke my heart this am to leave her at the sitters (ok ill admit I cried after I left). On the bright side, she was sooooo excited to see the sibling pair that goes there. I am hoping this takes her mind off being sick.
Another positive, Ella's eczema on her face is looking fabulous. This is the best its looked since shortly after she was born! I am hoping with the weather getting warmer that her eczema continues to improve. Ella absolutely loves dancing! She will sit and shake her little body to any song, beat, tune, hum, you name it! It is absolutely adorable. She is getting better with saying dada, mama (still not directed at tome or i), baba, gaga, yaya, and gee. The cutest thing in the world is that she has taught herself to wave hi and bye on cue when she hears someone say hi or bye. she even waved at the phone yesterday when my mom was saying Hi Ella! I told Tom this am that somehow everyday gets harder to be away from her when I figured it would only get easier. He said its due to all her cuteness and how smart she is becoming that makes it difficult to leave. Ella is also the queen of imitation. She is amazing at imitating our actions and us showing her how to use and manipulate objects. I am also thrilled to say that she is finally finally finding the motivation to roll onto her stomach! I knew she had it in her but didn't see the purpose. We have been better about not handing everything to her and making her work for it!
Will try to post videos and pics later.

No comments:

Post a Comment