Thursday, July 28, 2011

the difference a day makes

tonight I put a one year old to bed...

tomorrow when I wake, I will be the mother of a two year old.

Its hard to believe two years ago at this time we were heading to the hospital to get induced. Bags had been packed for weeks, carseat in the car for months, crib in her room, everything was physically ready for Ella to come into this world. Nothing could have prepared us emotionally for the love we feel for her. I am grateful for the good days but as equally grateful for the bad days. I watched her tonight as she slept and though she resembles that chubby baby from two years ago, she is also a whole new girl. And while Im sad that the little baby is gone, I look forward to this journey continues to move forward. Ella is mine forever and thats all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment