Monday, October 10, 2011

"A photograph is the pause button of life"

Saturday I was outside with my camera and the dog. Our lovely neighbors Guenter and Libby were out walking their dog Libby. I decided to take a few pics of them because they are just too cute. They are the sweetest people and so in love. I hope when Tom and I are their age that we are as in love as they are. Libby comes over and asks Tom to help her with things around the house from time to time. She is in love with Winston and Ella and has to come over to see them quite frequently. She even had to have Winston in the picture with them on Saturday. Guenter is 88 and Libby is 79, their dog Buffy is 16. They walk Buffy about 10 times a day rain or shine, summer or winter.
The day after I took the picture, Libby came over while I was out in the driveway crying. She said, Tara Im so glad you took that picture yesterday because Buffy died this morning. As I said, the dog was 16 and they absolutely adored it.
They had Buffy cremated this morning and I took them a copy of the pictures, some roses, and a card. Libby cried and thanked me that I was able to capture a last picture of Buffy. Just shows how a photo captures a moment in time that one can cherish over and over

No comments:

Post a Comment