Thursday, January 19, 2012

Omaha=eating out

Well the only thing we do aside from training is go out to eat. We are actually completely sick of eating out at this point. I have to admit though that Omaha has several very unique restaurants. Omaha is also very different than I ever pictured. There are several artsy areas of town with unique boutiques and restaurants as well as there are an abundance of organic restaurants.

Today at lunch we checked out Jones Bros. Cupcakes. I absolutely loved it. It is so unique.



They serve several different flavors of cupcakes


As well as several different super yummy lunch options to include sandwiches, soups, salads, wraps etc. Of course your lunch comes with a mini cupcake


They also serve lattes, mochas, etc. Another unique feature of the place is a wine bar with wine sampling



Of course Megan and I had to get some cupcakes to take home. We got sweet and salty chocolate caramel, vanilla bean, strawberry and cream, and chocolate raspberry. The vanilla bean and the strawberry were the best cupcakes Ive ever had.

Tonight we walked next door to a place called BG Tasty Food. I had to eat there for the fact that they advertise as "The Home of Loose Meat Sandwich".



And here are the ingredients they recommend for the loose meat sandwich



And here is my loose meat sandwich


I fly home for the weekend tomorrow. I was originally supposed to fly through Chicago but with the bad weather prediction, I changed my flight to later in the day and am flying through Dallas.
I head back to Omaha late Sunday and then five more days before I am home for good! I cannot wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment