Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Worn out on Wednesday

This morning my day started with drinking this wonderful, sugary drink (yuck, its nasty)


For my glucose challenge to screen for gestational diabetes. Im sure I will not here back for a few days about if I need to do the 3 hour screen. Last pregnancy I ended up having to do the 3 hour screen and fortunately tested negative for gestational diabetes.

Then before I headed to work I had a great breakfast date at Starbucks with my favorite girl.




On Friday I will be 28 weeks pregnant.


That means I hit the third trimester last week!
I am definitely starting to feel it. While I am not at the super uncomfortable stage, I can feel it creeping up on me. Being the mother of a busy toddler as well as the type of work I do with long hours I can really feel it. I have to admit that my job and the kids behavior today completely kicked my ass. I went back to the doctor on Monday and he recommended I drink at least 100oz of water a day. I am trying to keep up with that but with the way today went, I have to say I failed. The excessive swelling in my last pregnancy hit right around 28 weeks (need to look up exact date) so Im beginning to get paranoid and hoping it doesnt happen this pregnancy.

-so far Ive gained 11 pounds total
-pelvic and back pain, esp after sitting for extended time
-still sleeping but its getting more and more uncomfortable
-its getting harder to pick up, carry around, and hold Ella
-bending over is getting more difficult

I scheduled a 4d ultrasound for May 5! Im so excited. We didnt have one with Ella. I cant wait to see this baby's face clearly! We have invited both grandma's to come along.

And while its only 820 on a Wednesday, Im going to bed. This mama is pooped!

No comments:

Post a Comment