Tuesday, February 21, 2012


So I had never heard of a King Cake until about a week ago. As described in card above, King Cake is a Louisiana tradition during Mardi Gras. The cake is shaped like a crown (pictured above) and a little plastic baby is hidden in the cake, whoever gets the piece with the baby is king or queen for the day and receives luck. I have been hearing about it on the radio, news, etc so I was thrilled when my boss showed up with one at work today. I was so hoping I would get the baby. Well come to find out, Servatti's puts the baby to the side for the person buying the cake to place inside and my boss did not realize that! So boooo hiss, no baby in our cake.
Megan and I needed a good laugh during our lunch break so we were playing around with the camera. We got exactly what we needed and literally were crying we were laughing so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment