Tuesday, February 14, 2012

"Where there is love there is life"

A couple weeks ago we bought Ella a Beta fish as an early Valentines present. She picked out the bowl, a pink castle, pink plant, and pink, purple, and red rocks for the bowl. She named the red Beta fish Valentine. She sat on the table with him quite a bit that first day. She talked to him and tried to include him in what she was doing.







In the past, I have literally had Beta fish live for years. Well of course when buying your child her first fish, luck would have it that the damn thing dies exactly one week later. She saw me scooping him out and asked what was wrong. I said oh the fish got sick. Her response "Awwww poooor fish". Then two minutes later, "Will you go buy a new one now?" I have yet to follow through with that request.

Tonight Ella and I celebrated Valentines Day at home alone since Tom was at school..
Tom and I got her a few books, stickers, card, and suckers for Valentines Day


Daddy left Ella a heart cookie cake for after dinner


He left me a heart cake from a local bakery as well as two Valentine mix CD's. I know it sounds corny but a few of the love songs on the CD brought me to tears. It really was a super sweet gesture.


Ella made daddy a Valentine she can give to him in the morning



She is love.....



No comments:

Post a Comment