Monday, November 5, 2012

Sleep where are you

 
I try to keep this blog positive and not complain but I have to say the last couple weeks have been tough. Its all because of SLEEP DEPRIVATION. Claire's sleep went from great to good to bad to worse. I haven't figured out if we have hit the four month sleep regression early, she is ready to be unswaddled, the pacifier or what. There are nights I literally do not get more than thirty minute stretch of sleep. She goes to bed at 630 or 7 and usually sleeps fairly well til 1030 or at times even til 130 but 130 on is a crapshoot. She might awake every fifteen min or thirty or two hours from that point on until 7 am. It has become hard for me to fall asleep at night. I remember this w Ella too. I lay here for quite awhile thinking she is going to wake any minute. Then I end up wasting an hour or two that I could have been sleeping, sitting there w anxiety that she may wake up!
 
Today was the first she has pooped in two weeks. She typically only goes once a week. It is common for breastfed babies to only go once a week or to even not go for up to two weeks. Breastmilk is just that perfect. There is little to no waste. However, by the end of last week I could tell she was starting to get a little uncomfortable. I am hoping that the two big poops today help her sleep better.
 
I know a simpler life is on the horizon. I remember this age was rough with Ella too. Just when the newborn haze starts to go away and sleep improves, you are thrown right back into the haze with growth spurts and other fun nighttime happenings. I don't want to wish this time away. It goes so fast. But mamma needs some sleep. My patience is thin, Im tired, I feel like crap. I miss exercising, I miss having more energy to play with Ella and to cook and clean and do crafts and fun activities. Right now I just dont have the energy for it and any spare time I do get I try to sneak in a nap with Claire.
 
Next thing I know my baby will be a toddler then a little girl. And my current little girl will be a bigger girl and then a teenager. So while Im so tired I cant see straight somedays, I keep going and try to make the best of it. And I get to spend my days with some pretty cute and lovely ladies. You cannot help but smile when you see them laugh and smile. So here's to hoping for a good nights sleep!
 
 Oh and get your butt out and vote tomorrow.
 
 




 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment