Tuesday, August 23, 2011

It Won't Be Like This For Long

I'm not making this up.
Tonight Ella and I were at the pool. As I watched her swim and smile, I looked into her eyes and I was deep in thought. I was thinking wow I created her, she's so amazing, I feel so blessed to have this joy in my life. I wonder what she'll be like in ten, twenty, thirty years. And I felt sad she one day won't need me like she does now.
I don't like country and I don't listen to country; however, at the moment I was thinking all this about Ella, I was drawn to the words of this country song playing over the speaker at the pool



And as I sat there listening, I broke down crying, happy that I have such a beautiful toddler and sad that it wont be like this for long

1 comment:

  1. You can't write stuff like this...makes me start tearing up at work, Tara! And I hate the thought of Kam not needing me too! I just said to Lee this morning...someday she won't let me kiss all over like I do in the morning...and that's going to make me sad.

    ReplyDelete